Solar Products & Services
Solar heating & cooling (SHC) technologies collect the thermal energy from the sun and use this heat to provide hot water, space heating, cooling, and pool heating for residential, commercial, and industrial applications. These technologies displace the need to use electricity or natural gas. Today, Americans across the country are at work manufacturing and installing solar heating and cooling systems that significantly reduce our dependence on imported fuels. We need smart policies to expand this fast?growing, job?producing sector.
The U.S. Solar Heating & Cooling Alliance is a division of SEIA focused on growing the solar heating & cooling market through reducing barriers and advocating for policies on the federal, state, and local levels.
Did You Know? Solar Heating & Cooling Fast Facts
- Solar heating systems are affordable for families. The return on investment can be as little as 3-6 years. Commercial systems help companies reduce and manage their energy bills, managing long-term costs. Meanwhile, fossil fuel prices fluctuate considerably and are expected to rise significantly over the next decade.
- Water heating, space heating, and space cooling accounted for 72 percent of the energy used in an average household in the U.S. in 2010 ? representing a huge market potential for solar heating and cooling technologies!
- In 2010, the U.S. saw 35,464 solar water heating systems and 29,540 solar pool heating systems installed, heating a total of more than 65,000 homes, businesses and pools.
- Post=2010 has also produced some record-breaking solar air heating installations, with systems ranging up to 10,000-50,000 ft2 on a single wall being installed across the country, showing the large scale energy opportunity in addressing space/ventilation heating.
- Three out of four (74 percent) Americans agree, ‘the growth of the solar water heating industry will produce jobs and help the American economy.’ This support is strong across regions of the country and across party lines.
Basics of Solar Water Heating Technology
Solar water heating systems can be installed on most homes in the U.S., and are comprised of three main elements: the solar collector, insulated piping, and a hot water storage tank. Electronic controls can also be included, as well as a freeze protection system for colder climates. The solar collector gathers the heat from solar radiation and transfers the heat to potable water. This heated water flows out of the collector to a hot water tank, and is used as necessary. Auxiliary heating can remain connected to the hot water tank for back?up if necessary.
Basics of Solar Air Technology
Solar air heating is a solar thermal technology used for commercial and industrial buildings in which the energy from the sun is captured and used to heat air. It addresses one of the largest usages of building energy in heating climates, which is space heating. It is also used for agricultural drying.
Most solar air heating systems are wall-mounted, which allow them to capture a maximum amount of solar radiation in the winter. Specially perforated solar collector panels are installed several inches from a south facing wall, creating an air cavity. The air is generally taken off the top of the wall and is heated anywhere from 30-100 degrees F above ambient on a sunny day. The solar heated air is then ducted into the building via a connection to the HVAC intake.
• Credit Card
At Heating & Cooling Solutions, we offer financing for our services.
Financing provided with approved credit by Wells Fargo Financial Bank, an Equal Housing Lender.
Called them to fix my heater...a tech arrived asap and it didn't take him that long to fix it.
Todd and everyone at Heating and Cooling Solutions did AMAZING job! Everyone is very professional and helpful. I HIGHLY RECOMMEND HEATING AND COOLING SOLUTIONS TO EVERYONE, whether for commercial or residential sites, they're the BEST! Thanks Todd!